Virtual Learning Environment
Students will begin with "Virtual Learning" for the 2020-21 school year. This learning model is mandatory for all districts in our county at this time. For those of you that experienced virtual learning in the spring, I assure you that it will look very different. Teachers are better prepared to deliver grade level instruction using grade level curriculum and standards. I know many of you are working families and are anticipating the challenges of your student learning from home. We will do our best to create a positive experience for our students. Thank you, in advance, for your patience, flexibility and support as we work through the challenges together. I look forward to the return of students, in person, when it is safe to do so.
What is "Virtual Learning"?
Virtual learning is learning from home. Students connect with their teacher by logging in to a virtual classroom using a district issued Chromebook or personal device. Teachers provide live online instruction daily, as well as, independent work for students to complete on their own.
Virtual Learning Environment Key Components
- Core instruction in standards-based English Language Arts and Math curriculum
- District revised scope and sequence to address learning loss from the Spring of 2020
- Differentiated instruction based on your child's academic needs
- Character education and socio-emotional resources
- Scheduled school day with daily attendance
- Daily live interaction (synchronous) and independent practice (asynchronous)
- Progress monitoring through consistent use of assessments and grading
- Make sure your child has a healthy breakfast, is well-rested, and dressed appropriately when school starts at 8:00 am.
- Provide your child a comfortable, clutter free space in your home to work without interruptions or distractions.
- Encourage your child to try his or her best and to complete all work.
- Keep all food and drink away from Chromebooks.
- Please save all questions and concerns for Student Support Time/Teacher Prep, not during student instructional time.
- If you need immediate assistance, you may contact the school office during business hours (8:00-3:00) or complete this form.
Virtual Learning School Schedule
Teachers will be creating class schedules specific to their classroom needs. These schedules will be shared with parents/families. The following is a general elementary schedule.