Virtual Science Fair
Virtual Science Fair 2021
Anna Hause Elementary
Per R.C.O.E. this year’s Science Fair will be completely virtual in format and presentation. Students will be judged on 3 digital components:
- Digital Display Board
- Digital Research Notebook
The rules and regulations will remain the same such as no face pictures, brands, or logos may be included. No projects may be done with weapons or ammunition of any kind, or smoking, drinking or drugs of any kind. Experiments with live animals should be discouraged, but require additional paperwork if conducted.
New rule this year: The student’s first & last name WILL be included on their first slide.
The Top Three 4th and 5th grade projects will advance to the district level. Teachers should encourage students to participate, however due to the increased stresses of distance learning, it is NOT mandatory for any grade. Teachers may also wish to have a small group or one on one sessions to encourage, support or coach students through the process. Mrs. Vara & Mrs. Stairs have started a Science Fair Google Classroom where students may get help, share ideas, or join in informational sessions.
Here is the invite link: https://classroom.google.com/c/MjMxNDE3MDY5MDAw?cjc=agftvog
Or join with the class code: agftvog
Teachers please share this information with your class, or with students who are interested.
- November 20th--send all information home (digitally) with students who wish to participate.
- December--ongoing, check in with student’s progress
- January 13th--all virtual projects (board, notebook, video & abstract) due online to the classroom teacher--There will be no PLC meetings on this day, so you can judge the projects that you receive.
- January 14th--Teachers please forward/share your Top 3 projects to Carol Stairs & Michelle Vara for virtual judging.
- January 19th--Top 3 AHE 4th & 5th projects forwarded to District level for judging
Slideshow Template (Powerpoint--Open with Google Slides & make a copy)
We will keep you updated if anything changes!
Michelle Vara & Carol Stairs
AHE Science Fair Coordinators